Things You Already Knew Because You Are Smarter Than Me

"Market Dislocation" - That popping sound you hear before the pain hits you, telling you that your stock positions are now hanging limply from the empty socket of your trading account.

All kidding aside, this is what market professionals call the subprime crisis, etc. I looked, and it does not appear to be a technical term - i.e. dislocation is not a mathematical or statistical phenomena. Rather, it appears to be a euphemism like "outplacement" instead of "firings" or "nice" instead of "you should date in dimly lit restaurants."

Can anyone find a technical definition?

No comments: