1.16.2008

Some Immuno-Comic Relief

Some of you know that I have been ill for the past week. A trip to the doctor confirms that this is in the enourmously broad category of "cold," rather than the equally cavernous bucket, "flu." Treatment: none. Patient has been instructed to "treat the symptoms." Patient lives in Washington D.C. and is well aware of-, and unsurprised by, this strategy.

This cold has launched me into such coughing and sneezing fits as I have rarely known. Yet, one stands above the rest. On my forehead is a bump, a result of a full torso-folding sneeze in the bathroom, followed immediately by a second-wave sneeze.

Ah-choo!, Ah-chooo! Ugh!

Dazed, patient looks up at the mirror to realize that he has hit his head on the faucet to the sink. Patient remarks to himself that this cannot be possible given that the faucet is one of those low-set modern types "way down there." Patient's new bump begs to differ.

Owie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw man. That sucks. The thing that I hate when I am sick or (or getting over sick) is when I have a tickle in the back of my throat that makes me cough non-stop, all the way down to my stomach. Next thing I know, I'm fighting back my lunch which is trying to exit out the way that it came. Ick.

Anonymous said...

That story is hilarious while at the same time, totally sucks. Feel better!

ShareThis