1.29.2008

Political Tidbit

Three short thoughts.
  1. Slate argues that W's final SOTU (State of the Union) sounded so close to prior speeches that it implies he has not learned anything. The administrations "how about more of the same" policies leave me inclined to believe it. Is there any sign that W acknowledges the mistakes in his presidency?
  2. 1.5 years ago, we saw stories that McCain was wandering the halls of R bigwigs stalking support. I scoffed then, and thought, "He was laughed at then; he'll be laughed at now." Now he is the front runner. Did those alliances lead to this status? Have they propelled him over Romney?
  3. I am famous for my dislike of the one issue voter. That issue is usually Israel, and my refrain is that Israel policy has not changed in substance for nearly 20 years. That said, I am not a one issue voter, but that issue IS on my list. With Hillary, I think we get more Clinton on Israel policy. Ok. Obama is affiliated with some pretty radical Black Exceptionalist thinkers, but on the other hand he spoke to AIPAC and made a solid impression. There is no information on his Israel stance (indeed, no mention of it) on his site. What does the man believe about Israel?

No comments:

ShareThis