1.31.2008

Political Tidbit

Romney has decided NOT to advertise on television in ANY of the 21 states going into super Tuesday. It was my impression that money wins elections in large part because it permits media buys of precisely this type. With McCain seen as having momentum, a media blitz by McCain's camp would only serve to underscore that to a public that hears a defeaning silence from Romney.

I think this is a fatal error. I give McCain a 90% shot at the nomination. Oh, and I think Romney was right last night -- McCain's the Republican the Dems want to run against.

Also: for those who have not heard, the Dems have something called "Superdelegates." These are delegates who get to vote in the convention but are not affiliated with a state. There are over 400 of them, out of 3000+ delegates. They are huge in a tight race. Who the heck thought up this system?

3 comments:

elanit said...

I dunno...I know of quite a number of Democrats who would vote for McCain if he was the nominee. How could Dems want him in the national election? He would get a lot of independents and conservative Democrats. To me at least, he's the scariest.

Dave said...

I think McCain is the only Republican who can beat the Dems. I think he would trounce Hillary and it'd be close with Obama. That said, I want him to win the nomination just because I think he's the least scary of the Republican field.

Anonymous said...

Mccain's definitely the scariest, for reasons raised above

ShareThis