2.28.2008

Strange But True Information Day

I have run into a lot of odd, but true, information today. The smattering:
  1. Sitting on my desk right now is the Volume 1 (of 10) of the Report of the Commission of Inquiry into the Rehabilitation of the Worked-Out Phosphate Lands of Nauru (Hey! Wake up! I'm not done!). I am researching a teensy island a world away and Gtown library has the actual report by the government of that teensy island, 5 blocks from my office. Amazing. Oh, and they also had a book reviewing the same topic by one of the three members of the Commission. Equally amazing. Add to that the help of JS, the super pre-JD, and a beer with lunch and you have the makings of a great day -- which might explain these next two:

  2. I read a blog by a kosher, vegetarian married mother of two who writes about fertility and lost pregnancy issues. It's not "ha ha" funny, but, c'mon, she refers to her segment of the population as "Stirrup queens!"
  3. And EZRJ passed along with nugget: http://theleilatexts.blogspot.com/ If you text L-E-I-L-A on the verizon system, they don't get to your Leila, they get to the this one. She posts them and comments. Amusing to a fault.

No comments:

ShareThis