2.26.2008

Bad Mood.

I have been in a really bad mood for the majority of the past two weeks. I know at least one person who can tell - not sure about the rest of you. My lingering lung-wrenching cough is the likely culprit. The coughing isn't bad, it's the inability to start speaking without having something catch in my throat, the sudden loss of breath, and the spasmic reaction to spicy food. Suddenly, I can't breath, eat, speak, sing, laugh, or even sleep in peace. It's like riding a bike in slow motion over a speed bump every time I open my mouth. At best, it's uncomfortable; at worst, it'll buck you clear off the road.

Then there's the fact that, apparently, there is nothing I can do about it. Nothing like seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for a pick-me-up.

Anyways, a string of good news from friends along with some fresh work on my plate has lifted spirits today. I don't know if it will last, but it certainly is a refreshing change. Amazing how quickly I forgot what it feels like to feel good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheer up! I promise it will get better. Take really good care of yourself, get some extra sleep, eat healthy, reduce some of the stress. I had the same thing from Sept. to December last year- when you came to visit us for Sukkot, I was just getting over the sinus infection part, but the cough was just getting started. And it pissed me off to no end that there was nothing the Dr. could do. Feel better. You will get back to normal!

ShareThis