5.14.2009

Better Living Through Windows

Here's a quick clip of the computer fun I have had in the past 24 hours:
  • 1 all out system crash severe enough to require a restart into chkdsk (a program that goes through and automatically verifies the integrity of the disk). The computer equivalent of, "Holy crap! Ok. Ok. First thing - did I break anything?"
  • Apparently copying 70GB or so from one USB 2.0 drive to another can take 1 day. And you have to babysit it.
  • What in the name of all that is holy could make IE decide that, when I clicked on a link on the Wall Street Journal site, what I meant was, "Please open that in a new window, and then do it again and again and again and again..."

There's a little dose of reality for those of you who believe that I might know more than you do about computers. I still have the same anomalies.

No comments:

ShareThis