1. Dr. McCoy = Al Gore. Listen to him as he hustles Jim aboard the Enterprise.
2. Scotty of the Dead, Simon Pegg. Awesome.
3. This was clearly an excuse to set up a series of movies, with an obvious intro every 15 minutes or so.
4. I see why Trekkies might be upset, being that they completely rebooted the series by having Spock travel back in time to create an alternate universe. In general, alternate universe, lame. The last time it was ok was when "Mahtty" had stop Biff's universe in BTTF. Seriously.
5. Still, I am not a Trekkie, so I thought this ridiculously fast-paced romp through the solar system was a lot of fun. Hey! Isn't Michael Bay supposed to be making these movies? Oh, right, he's taken his career in a new direction: total crap.