6.30.2008

We few, we happy, sore, exhausted few...

Paintball this weekend at www.pevs.com was nothing short of amazing.
Lessons learned:

1. 5 minutes alone in a lookout tower being stalked by members of the
other team feels like a LOT longer.

2. Starting a game with 4 minutes of dead silence as you flank the
other team makes the air taste sweet and tingly with their nervous
anticipation.

3. I run like a girl through the woods.

4. So does everyone else.

5. 5 hours is a long time to play under the canopy in long sleeves and
90 degree heat.

6. But 20 second of dashing across the stream to storm the other bank
is plenty refreshing.

7. I want to go again. Of course, I already knew that.

(I invite the rest of 'we few' to add their lessons)

--
read the "small thoughts" blog
http://xerpentine.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Allow me to echo point #2 - being one of the defenders there, nervously poking my head out to look for signs of movement, and the eventual hail of paint from an unexpected direction both were deliciously "alive" moments. I think that many moviemakers forget that silence adds tension...

Oh, and lesson #8 is that Aaron IS the Energizer Bunny.

ShareThis