7.26.2007

I'll watch the Tour de France ... implode.


The Tour de France is imploding. The favorite was outed for doping 2 days ago; french riders held back at the starting line in protest of doping yesterday; and, finally, the overall leader of the race was kicked out of the Tour, by his own team, under pressure from their sponsor. I assume the thinking is, "If you can lead the Tour, you must be doping." I can't argue with the logic. This is simply one of the most gruelling races in the world. Either you are more than human or something other than human is helping you get there.

I know Lance is gone, but this might be the most interesting Tour to watch yet. Interesting like the "Real housewives of the OC", not interesting like the Superbowl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm done. It has become too much of a soap opera for me this year that I just have to pass.

ShareThis