7.31.2007

1 Delorean (refurb.), Please.

DeLorean Motorcar Company of Texas has licensed its name to a CA company that will begin refurbishing and, more importantly, reproducing the cars from scratch this coming year. A frame-up refurb costs about $42,500. I can't imagine a new one will cost much more.

I want one. Mostly, because I have always wanted one. Not the tricked out copy of the movie machine, but the austere aggression of the unpainted steel shell, the gull wing doors, and the pseudo-spoke tires. DeLorean understood what it meant to design a beautiful car. Now if we could just get them to make a hybrid...

... you can call me "McFly."

1 comment:

David said...

For me, all of the coolness is in the gull-wings. I wouldn't much care if Toyota made a Prius with wings - that's just what I want for doors.

Then again, what's it like in crowded parking lots?

ShareThis