7.30.2007

For those wondering, it is broken.


My fifth metatarsal. 6 weeks in a walking cast + post-cast rehab. un-w00t.
Oh, and can someone please explain to me why insurance will cover a $300 fiberglass cast that must be replaced at least once, but will not cover a $150 walking cast that will last the term of my injury? My doctor and I were reminiscing about the days when he could prescribe what he thought was best for me simply because it was, y'know, the appropriate medical treatment. Ah, those were the days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That just overall sucks. *healing vibes* being sent your way. *Your being jerks vibes* being sent to your insurance company.

David said...

ow ow ow ow!

Sorry to hear about the foot - I hope you feel better soon.

Yep, insurance companies suck. Perhaps the white-hat lawyers can bring them in line?

LuvNmuzic said...

They should just recommend ski boots. They look the same, act the same.
After watching you struggle with the thing for a day, I'm tempted to get you a skateboard to roll along with... secondary risks be damned.

Anonymous said...

refuah shleyma, dude. I like Beck's idea, personally. Hell, why not just make it into a ski trip? See you in Argentina tomorrow!

ShareThis