3.03.2008

Bean Town Blockbusters

I had a whirlwind weekend in my old digs. I could attempt to explain it all, but the length of that post would do as much to turn me off to writing it as it would to you reading it. Instead, we'll settle for the shoutout version:
  • Mom: Has to get the first shout out, and not just because she not only bought us the pot we wanted, but because she loaded us up with more W&Sonoma goodies than I could cram into my sparse luggage. If you were standing on the platform at BWI last night waiting for Amtrak into DC, you would have seen a young(ish - I hope) man reach over and heave what seemed to be an impossibly heavy duffel over his shoulder and into the train. It looked like a mime trick where you'd pick it up with force and land on your butt. What you would not have seen is the 2 gallon Le Creuset inside. Good god, it is gorgeous.
  • SqueetlyBoink: Thanks for the couch and the company and being my faux-ncee for the day while we traipsed all over the city. Oh, and a word to the wise, if you ever find yourself warming up a crowd before a fashion show at a traveling bridal expo (the carnies of our generation, I am convinced), just end it. "B" movies are so far ahead of you, you can't see them over the tall letters in between.
  • Legal Follies: as always, you rock. Sometime in the two nights I stayed up until past 3am, I realized some truths. First, it is a great privilege to have been a part of a group that you wouldn't get into if you had to try out now. Second, I am definitely beyond the point of 3am evenings. Third, that is not likely to stop me. And fourth, Follies is family, and I love you guys.
  • LS & NY - Congrats - Brookline is alive and kicking.
  • JG - It was SO good to finally meet Ryan. You are adorable together. Find time to swing dance with him again!
  • Beantown. I do miss ya. Your buildings keep edging skyward and sidelining your beautiful brick stays. I hope they'll dig in their claws and hold on another 100 years. The weather, and all of the major sports teams, are better than those here. That said, that was home - this is home. This is just nostalgia talking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Le Creuset. The finest makers of cooking vessels in the world as far as I can tell - not just quality that will last a lifetime, but affordable quality.

ShareThis