8.21.2007

A Little Gratitude

Endeavor is home safely. For that, anyone who has been keeping the astronauts in their thoughts should give a little nod of thanks.

It's disappointing that this is barely news. Just recently, we lost a shuttle to just this type of defect. It happened again, and NASA got to step and show that it in fact had improved not just its technology, but its very attitude, in a crisis. The result....business as usual and no headlines. Seems ungrateful.

STS-118 - Welcome home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll tell you, I was scared before they left. It seemed like whenever there was a "first" on a flight, something went wrong (Challenger-teacher in space, Columbia-Israeli in space). I was so afraid that it would happen again. The report of damages had me partially holding my breath until they arrived home safely.

ShareThis