5.07.2008

Political Tidbit

Obama now has an even-more-commanding lead. What the parties need to consider:

Clinton: Seat Michigan and Florida. They are her only hope. I think the DNC will never give in to this per se, but will likely agree that Michigan and Florida can be seated in the second round and onward at the Convention. That could wreak havoc.

But if I am Clinton, I understand that I've lost and that the primaries will soon end, robbing me of my leverage. Once the primaries are done, I clearly have fewer delegates, and hanging on at that point can seem vindictive. I would start thinking about what I want short of the presidency while I still have the leverage to ask for it. Madame Secretary perhaps?

Barack: Find a compromise on MI and FL and make it public. Go there, shake hands, and work with the DNC to find a compromise for the Convention. Heck, if Clinton drops out, just seat them. You are now running for the general and you need to get in tight with DNC so that your candidacy seems to be not yours but the party's.

McCain: Hang back and see what HRC flings at Obama. Get on TV about 1.5 times a week to remain relevant. Talk policy only.

No comments:

ShareThis