4.02.2008

Geeking out for a moment.

I have a Lenovo now and i am generally happy with it, including the installation and some of the Thinkpad productivity tools - including wireless management, backups, etc. That said, I have never liked Windows and wouldn't keep it if I didn't have to. Here is the next best thing: n-Lite. n-Lite permits you to create a new windows installation CD and strip out all the things you don't need (and add the things you do like hot fixes and service packs). Awesome.

Oh, one complaint about the lappie - I noticed when I pulled it out of my bag today that the kbd left marks on the screen. That's normal if something protrudes unevenly against the laptop, but I figured that the Lenovo's legendary "roll cage" would prevent it. Lesson learned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've used n-Lite and had it fail me. A server vendor actually sold me a server without a floppy drive, even though the motherboard needed a driver that really needed a floppy to insert into the Windows installation. They told me to use n-Lite to create a custom installation CD with the driver. The result was BSoD City.

ShareThis