9.05.2007

Mr. Craig, Don't Worry, The Gays Don't Want You.

Sen. Craig on Tuesday declared, "I am not gay. I never have been gay." Mr. Craig, I am not gay either. I never have been. But I think I speak for the gay community when I say, "Don't worry about it, we don't want you."

Mr. Craig, you are a 'family values' voter, which is to say a 'bible values' voter. The Bible does not recognize anyone as 'gay'. It simply prohibits a man from knowing another man as he does a woman. Of that, Mr. Craig, you are most certainly guilty. Your affiliation or self-identity is beside the point. You are as gay as you need to be before god and to that you should own up.

As for the gay community, they don't want you. These are men and women who are routinely persecuted and who, like many persecuted minorities, contribute a disproportionate amount to this country's art, culture, science, and sport. What, Mr. Craig, could you bring to this gathering? So, when you declare loudly that you have never been gay, Mr. Craig, I think many of us can only respond, "Thank God."

No comments:

ShareThis