4.16.2007

Overheard at IKEA yesterday:

"Dude, what if you had a . . .um . . . slave, and you wanted to pass it off on Craigslist.com so that, like, people wouldn't know you had one."

"If I had a slave and I wanted to get rid of him, I would free him."

"Oh. But . . .what if you wanted to be nonchalant about it and be like, 'A used DVD player, and you can make an offer on the XboX, oh and this is Tyrone . . .'"

"Why does your slave have to be black?"

"Ok, so here's the DVD, and here's the XboX, Oh, and this is Alan."

"Alan. That's a nice name. If you are a slave, your master should free you."

[ p.s. we moved! ]

2 comments:

David said...

entertaining, but very weird, conversation. And congratulations!

DCFearless said...

I think you should have interjected. Something like "Hey, my name is Alon and I'm a slave. Don't talk about my profession that way..." Or, you know, not.

ShareThis