3.24.2004

Sometimes, you just need a happy tune stuck in your head on incessant replay. Our current selection: "The kids song" by Moxy Fruvous. A snippet:

"The markers that I just got are non-toxic
And my sister says the lake is quite dioxic
I don't know what these words mean,
I just want to play where it's clean
But something in the backyard make my dog sick.
Is there something you like? (squirt-gunning my dog!)
Is there something you hate? (when my turtle ate my gerbil)
Is it fun to take a bath (no...sometimes...yes) balbum-(yes, no,
sometimes, yeah)
Should Quebec separate?
Well, we'll try and handle that for you
And make a better world, so you can have kids too."

Cheesy? Yes, but we should never underestimate the power of non-chalant happiness. It is, after all, what we often deem "worth fighting for".

No comments:

ShareThis